[Archivesspace_Users_Group] upgrading to v1.3.0 question about copying files #linux

Fleming, Jason flemingj at uncw.edu
Fri Sep 4 11:18:49 EDT 2015

I have been trying to use the documentation on this page to upgrade from v1.1.0 tp v1.3.0 and have been having a difficult time
https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/UPGRADING.md

My question pertains to this section:

$ cd archivesspace-1.2.0/archivesspace
$ cp -a /path/to/archivesspace-1.2.0/archivesspace/data/* data/
$ cp -a /path/to/archivesspace-1.2.0/archivesspace/config/* config/
$ cp -a /path/to/archivesspace-1.2.0/archivesspace/lib/mysql-connector* lib/
$ cp -a /path/to/archivesspace-1.2.0/archivesspace/plugins/local plugins/
$ cp -a /path/to/archivesspace-1.2.0/archivesspace/plugins/wonderful_plugin plugins/

Earlier on the page it talked about downloading v1.2.0 so I assume when it mentions 1.2.0 it means the new directory that was just unpacked (1.3.0)

I unpacked 1.3.0 to /ArchivesSpace/archivesspace (current working archivesspace program is in another directory)

So I altered the first copy command above and entered this

cp -a /ArchivesSpace/archivesspace/data/* data/

I get an error message

cp: `/ArchivesSpace/archivesspace/data/archivesspace_demo_db' and `data/archivesspace_demo_db' are the same file
cp: `/ArchivesSpace/archivesspace/data/frontend_cookie_secret_cookie_secret.dat' and `data/frontend_cookie_secret_cookie_secret.dat' are the same file
cp: `/ArchivesSpace/archivesspace/data/indexer_state' and `data/indexer_state' are the same file
cp: `/ArchivesSpace/archivesspace/data/public_cookie_secret_cookie_secret.dat' and `data/public_cookie_secret_cookie_secret.dat' are the same file
cp: `/ArchivesSpace/archivesspace/data/solr_index' and `data/solr_index' are the same file
cp: `/ArchivesSpace/archivesspace/data/tmp' and `data/tmp' are the same file

which is I assume because I just told it to copy it onto itself. My understanding is that the copy command syntax is
cp -a <source> <destination>

Even if I put the correct path to my current data set it would copy the wrong way wouldn't it?

--

I tried just deleting the data and config directories altogether and copying them from the v1.1.0 directory but then 8080 and 8081 didn't respond at all when started, so I assume that was NOT the way to go about it.

If you would be so kind as to explain what I am missing here I would appreciate it.

Sincerely,

-Jason

Jason Fleming
Information Technology Librarian

601 South College Road | Wilmington, NC  28403-5990
T: 910-962-2675<tel:910-962-2675> | flemingj at uncw.edu<mailto:flemingj at uncw.edu>
http://library.uncw.edu<http://library.uncw.edu/>