[Archivesspace_Users_Group] SPAM?? upgrading to v1.3.0 question about copying files #linux

Kutzuba, Jamie KUTZUBA at hws.edu
Fri Sep 4 14:06:05 EDT 2015

Hi Jason-

I was a bit confused about this during my upgrade as well. If I remember correctly, it is basically like you are patching the existing version with the new files. You want to cd into the newest version of ASpace and copy those files to the older version. So the first line of code from the instructions should be:

$ cd archivesspace-1.3.0/archivesspace

Followed by a command to copy to the directory of the existing version:
$ cp -a /archivesspace-1.1.0/archivesspace/data/* data/

Because you are overwriting existing files, I recommend saving, at least, a copy of the original config file before you do the update.

I hope that helps.

Thanks- Jamie
315.781.4355