[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Issue with Agents/Subjects

Kottman, Miloche mkottman at ku.edu
Thu Oct 8 09:28:30 EDT 2015

Sara,

I submitted this as a bug in ArchivesSpace version 1.4 a couple days ago (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AS-51)

I believe this bug is due to the performance measures implemented that zips up larger sections of the resource record until you specifically open them, i.e. click on the "Please click to load records" message.

I have devised a work around while waiting for the "fix" that you can try.  If you are editing an existing resource (or digital object) record that has 4 or more agent records, the Agent Links section will have the "Please click to load" message.

*         You MUST click to load/display the Agent records, even if you don't plan on editing them.

*         You can then edit any other section of the record and save as usual

If you don't do this, don't panic!  You agent records are still there.

*         Click on the Close Record button to get out of Edit mode

*         Click on the Edit button

*         Click on the "Please click to load" message

*         Your Agent links should be restored

Hope this works for you,

--Miloche

Miloche Kottman
Head of Cataloging and Archival Processing
University of Kansas Libraries
Lawrence, KS 66045
mkottman at ku.edu<mailto:mkottman at ku.edu>
785-864-3916 or 785-864-4823