[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Public Interface Enhancement Project: Call for participation in special member working group
angela.spinazze at lyrasis.org
Thu May 7 16:54:37 EDT 2015
Hello ArchivesSpace Members,
We are pleased to announce that a process is underway to engage a third party design firm specializing in user experience and interaction design to provide assessment, project management, and design services to the ArchivesSpace program staff and community in support of enhancing the public interface of the ArchivesSpace software application. As part of this effort, we are calling for member volunteers to participate in a working group that will work closely with the design firm and program staff to ensure that requirements, priorities, testing, and acceptance of the work product meets member needs and expectations. A full description of what we are asking this working group to take on is included below.
Mark Custer has graciously agreed to chair the working group. Together with Brian Hoffman who will lead the core code development effort, and myself, we will ensure that the scope of work is carried out in a collaborative and efficient manner. We expect to make a final selection of the firm in the coming weeks and to begin working with them in June.
The primary deliverables of this project include:
1. Establishment of an overall graphic style and interaction design for the public interface and definition of a set of supporting guidelines.
2. Identification of areas and/or elements of the public interface that could be modified or enhanced in order to improve usability and provide greater ease of interaction for public users of the application
3. Development of a set of enhancements to the core code base (based on #2 above and led by Brian Hoffman)
4. Development of plugins (As possible and in collaboration with additional development partners to be determined)
We are asking the Public Interface Enhancements Working Group to:
1. Review, in order to de-dupe and enhance where necessary, the sixty-three issues that have been submitted by the community since alpha testing of the ArchivesSpace application began and that now reside in JIRA. The goal of the review is to ensure that all of the issues are defined as clearly as possible, that they are organized into a cohesive narrative of requirements, and that they are prioritized based on member need and use within the coming six month period.
2. Ensure that all reports submitted by members that specifically call out their concerns, needs, and desires with regard to the public interface are properly represented and integrated into the issues noted above.
3. Ensure that a full set of user stories and use cases are provided within JIRA that represent the breadth and depth of member information ecologies and work environments.
4. Work directly with the design firm for the duration of the project (June – December 2015 on a regular schedule to be determined in collaboration with the selected firm).
5. Review and test interaction designs and provide feedback.
6. Communicate with members and serve as advisors to the process on behalf of the full membership.
If you are interested in participating, please let me know through a direct reply to this message, by close of business Friday, May 18th.
I look forward to working with Mark, Brian, and all of you on this creative endeavor!
Senior Director of Collaborative Programs and CollectionSpace Program Director
email: angela.spinazze at lyrasis.org<mailto:angela.spinazze at lyrasis.org>
voice: +1 800.999.8558 x2922
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group