[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Public Interface development/customization

Tom Cramer tcramer at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 28 15:27:25 EDT 2015

Jane, all,

In a related note, you may be interested in plugging into the ArcLight effort. We are currently in the requirements gathering and design phase for a public-facing application that will support the discovery (and delivery, for digital components) of information in archives. I expect the design process will touch on researcher-friendly labels and presentation of archival content and structure.

Compatibility with ArchivesSpace--along with digital repositories like Hydra/Fedora and tools like ArchiveMatica--is a primary objective. A good number of institutions involved in the collaborative design process intend to use ArcLight as the patron UI for their finding aids.  It will be based on the same technology stack as Blacklight, but be customized for archival content and users (hence the name ArcLight...).

We expect the design process to run through at least summer of 2015.

Of possible interest:
ArcLight design process,
a presentation that gives a high level overview of our standard design process
arclight-design-join at lists.stanford.edu, an email list for collaborators (more welcome!) in the design process
Best,

- Tom