[Archivesspace_Users_Group] strategies for piecemeal re-index

KNOWLES Claire Claire.Knowles at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 22 16:10:41 EDT 2015

Hi Maureen,

With another service we run we replicate the SOLR. If we want to do a full
reindex we then point the webapp to the replicated SOLR and turn off
replication. I¹m not sure if this solution will work with ArchivesSpace,
I¹m sure Chris can advise.

Claire

--
Claire Knowles
Library Digital Development Manager
Email: claire.knowles at ed.ac.uk

On 22/07/2015 15:37,
"archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of
Callahan, Maureen"
maureen.callahan at yale.edu> wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>
>At some point, our index got totally jacked. Unfortunately, our database
>is way too big to be able to do a full re-index overnight and we¹re
>reluctant to leave it going over the weekend in case something goes wrong.
>
>Also, our Aeon requesting service relies on a webservice built on top of
>ArchivesSpace, so we can¹t have the index unavailable for too long, even
>if it¹s not during normal working hours.
>
>Has anyone played with re-indexing a bit at a time by deleting records
>from indexer_state? Is this a reliable way to fix index problems? Does
>anyone have thoughts on other strategies?
>
>Thanks,
>Maureen

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.