[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Greetings and publishing question

Valerie Addonizio vaddoniz at jhu.edu
Fri Feb 13 11:01:17 EST 2015

Update: I figured out how to publish my records, but I am still puzzled by the functionality of Publish All. I have searched the documentation for insight into this particular feature and haven't found any.

To sum up, I was clicking Publish All, and I was getting a confirmation message and yet no record would publish. Just now I went back to a record that I knew I had attempted to publish multiple times using Publish All, and the Publish checkbox was already checked. It wasn't until I altered something else (I changed the title of the resource) that the Save box activated and I was able to save. Then the record went live.

In a fresh attempt, I simply used the check box, saved, and it worked, and this is certainly what I should have been doing to begin with.

However, Publish All was giving me a confirmation message. I had assumed the confirmation was confirmation enough. Was I misusing Publish All? What is its relationship to publishing versus the Publish checkbox? Why didn't the changes stick if saving wasn't an option? Or is Publish All meant to be used with already published records as a way of pushing the true value to every level?

Thank you again.

-Valerie