[Archivesspace_Users_Group] odd information in public display?

Matthew J Gorzalski mGorzalski at lib.siu.edu
Tue Dec 1 16:40:54 EST 2015

Kari,

I wish it was that simple.  The ArchivesSpace public view is displaying "multi-part note content" in fields such as Related Materials when said field was not used in the original Archon record.  So when I search that phrase nothing comes up in Archon.  This also happens with the ASpace "Existence and Location of Originals" field because in Archon we almost never used the Locations tab to enter shelf location data.

And I've found that when Archon's "Biographical/Historical Note" field in the Description tab has data in it, the ASpace default adds "Note written by" even if the "Biographical/Historical Author" field is left blank.

ASpace shouldn't make up data that was never put into Archon and display it publically.

Matt