[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Note audience in EAD impor

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Wed Apr 8 16:57:49 EDT 2015

Hi Patrick,
I believe you'd have to modify the ead_converter.rb and add: :publish =>
att('audience') != 'internal' in the relevant sections of the converter
that deal with the types of notes you're bringing in and load it as a
plugin. If these are all general notes (<odd>), you'd need to do something
like:

 %w(accessrestrict accessrestrict/legalstatus \
       accruals acqinfo altformavail appraisal arrangement \
       bioghist custodhist dimensions \
       fileplan odd otherfindaid originalsloc phystech \
       prefercite processinfo relatedmaterial scopecontent \
       separatedmaterial userestrict ).each do |note|
      with note do |node|
        content = inner_xml.tap {|xml|
          xml.sub!(/<head>.*?<\/head>/m, '')
          # xml.sub!(/<list [^>]*>.*?<\/list>/m, '')
          # xml.sub!(/<chronlist [^>]*>.*<\/chronlist>/m, '')
        }

        make :note_multipart, {
          :type => node.name,
          :persistent_id => att('id'),
  :publish => att('audience') != 'internal'                           <----
add this at line 324 in the file.
          :subnotes => {
            'jsonmodel_type' => 'note_text',
            'content' => format_content( content )
          }
        } do |note|
          set ancestor(:resource, :archival_object), :notes, note
        end
      end
    end

I did something like this for agent creation and it worked so you can try
it with the notes and see if it helps!

-Maura

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Galligan, Patrick <PGalligan at rockarch.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I’ve been experimenting with EAD import into AS for a collection of about
> 50,000 components, and I had a few questions about having the system
> publish notes.
>

> Each component has a few notes attached to it, some that we want
> published, and some that we don’t. I assumed that AS would default to
> publishing notes without audience=”internal,” but that does not appear to
> be the case.
>

> Some guidance on how to get the system to publish specific notes through
> EAD import would be appreciated if anyone has experience with that. We
> don’t do much EAD importing into the system here, so I don’t have tons of
> experience getting this to work.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Patrick Galligan
>
> Rockefeller Archive Center
>
> Assistant Digital Archivist
>
> 914-366-6386

Maura Carbone
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services
(781) 736-4659
415 South Street, (MS 017/P.O. Box 549110)
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
email: mauraa at brandeis.edu