[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Parallel Expressions in Extents

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Wed Apr 1 16:11:46 EDT 2015

Hi Joshua,
You have the option to have more than one extent expression on resource
items. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'recommended way' of entering
the data, but you could have a collection with three extent expressions: 1
for boxes, 1 for folders, 1 for cassettes, etc.

Is that what you meant?

-Maura

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Joshua D. Shaw <Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu>
wrote:

>   Hi All-
>
>  We (Dartmouth) are ramping up our custom development and starting to
> finalize the data mapping between our old system and ArchivesSpace. One of
> the areas that we're having a bit of trouble with is extents - specifically
> parallel expressions. For example, we have about 400 resources whose
> extents look something like:
>
>  98 boxes (147 linear ft.)
> 54 volumes
>
>  OR
>
>  252 boxes (378 linear ft.)
> 157 rolls
> 168 folders
>
>  OR
>
>  45 sound cassettes (45 hours)
> 1 transcript (782 pages)
> 10 boxes (3 linear ft.)
>
>  What would be the recommended way of entering this data in ArchivesSpace?
>
>  Thanks!
> Joshua

Maura Carbone
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services
(781) 736-4659
415 South Street, (MS 017/P.O. Box 549110)
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
email: mauraa at brandeis.edu