[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Parallel Expressions in Extents

Joshua D. Shaw Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu
Wed Apr 1 15:52:37 EDT 2015

Hi All-

We (Dartmouth) are ramping up our custom development and starting to finalize the data mapping between our old system and ArchivesSpace. One of the areas that we're having a bit of trouble with is extents - specifically parallel expressions. For example, we have about 400 resources whose extents look something like:

98 boxes (147 linear ft.)
54 volumes

OR

252 boxes (378 linear ft.)
157 rolls
168 folders

OR

45 sound cassettes (45 hours)
1 transcript (782 pages)
10 boxes (3 linear ft.)

What would be the recommended way of entering this data in ArchivesSpace?

Thanks!
Joshua