[Archivesspace_Users_Group] importing to Accession and Resource records?

Nathan Stevens ns96 at nyu.edu
Mon Oct 20 10:17:49 EDT 2014

Hi Katherine,

The ASpace team is currently working on a general purpose import tool (
https://github.com/ns96/ASpaceMigrator) which should make your data
migration task easier.

If you would like to be a beta tester of this program let me know and we
can discuss the details.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Katherine Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu>
wrote:

> We’re just starting to map the fields from our old accession database in
> FileMaker Pro to the ArchivesSpace fields, in preparation for migrating all
> the data.  Can data be imported into both the Accession record and the
> Resource and other records?  We have fields, for instance for location,
> that ArchivesSpace has only in the Resource record, but we don’t actually
> have separate resource records—all the information is in the accessions
> database (or in separate Word description documents, which we can deal with
> later).
>
> What we’re thinking of doing is importing the location information into a
> user-defined field, which I hope we will later be able to map to the
> location field in the Resource record.  I see that we need to create the
> locations to be linked records—which will work fine later, and we can use
> the location info in the user-defined field to assign the correct
> locations.  Is there a quicker way of importing all the locations to the
> proper fields?
>
> Best,
> Katherine
>
> Katherine Collett, Archivist
> Hamilton College Archives
> Burke Library
> 198 College Hill Road
> Clinton, NY 13323
> askarch at hamilton.edu
> 315-859-4471
> www.hamilton.edu/library/library_collections/archives.html
> www.facebook.com/BurkeLibrary
> Hours: M-F 9:00am-12:00 noon and by appointment; contact to ascertain
> staff availability before visiting.

Nathan Stevens
Programmer/Analyst
Digital Library Technology Services