[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Western Roundup Session Proposal on Implementing ArchivesSpace

Karla Irwin karla.irwin at unlv.edu
Fri Oct 10 11:19:06 EDT 2014

Hello list,

This message is intended for those located west of the Rockies and
attending the Western Roundup in May.

We're implementing ArchivesSpace "from scratch" here at UNLV Special
Collections, importing EAD, CSV, and also entering some legacy data by
hand.  (We had no collection management system in place previously.)  I am
looking for folks interested in putting together a Western Roundup session
about the strategies you're using to implement ArchivesSpace. Ideally, it
would be nice to have a speaker on migrating from Archivists' Toolkit and
one speaking about migrating from Archon to add to the perspective of
implementing from scratch, but I am open to a variety of possibilities.  If
there are a few people interested, we can do a traditional session.  If
there are a number of people interested, we could do a lightning session.

Please contact me off list at karla.irwin at unlv.edu

Thank you,

Karla Irwin

--