[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Troubleshooting - 8081 no longer listens

Kite, Mike M Mike-Kite at utc.edu
Tue Jun 24 14:10:35 EDT 2014

Please pardon my noob-ness in your list.
I’m a sysadmin who’s been tasked with troubleshooting Archivesspace which stopped answering properly on port 8081 after a reboot recently.
I can tell from netstat -vatn that the machine is not listening on that port, but I know it did in the past.  But when I point a browser at {hostname}:8081, I get “We’re sorry, but something went wrong.”  I’m at a loss to troubleshoot this.  And I wish I had more information to go on.  Any suggestions would rock.  Thanks.

Mike Kite
Linux Systems Administrator
University of TN Chattanooga