[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Import Error Message Suggestion

Steven Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Wed Feb 5 16:47:39 EST 2014

… or if not the line number, at least the enclosing element or some context to indicate where the missing item is missing from.

We’re getting lots of errors ( on validated EAD) like:

Error: #<:ValidationException: {:errors=>{"dates"=>["one or more required (or enter a Title)"], "title"=>["must not be an empty string (or enter a Date)"]}}>

It seems to be saying it’s expecting a date or title somewhere but it doesn’t indicate where.

( If it’s difficult to get this context info on import, an acceptable alternative would be to provide
a tighter version of the EAD schema that more closely corresponds to what the ArchivesSpace
importer accepts.  )

— Steve Majewski