[Archivesspace_Users_Group] New to the list -- couple quick questions

Reese, Terry P. reese.2179 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 30 12:01:56 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

Ohio State University has recently joined the ArchivesSpace community and will be working this summer to start a process of migrating content from our current system (PastPerfect) into ArchivesSpace.  As we start thinking about this process, a couple of questions come up:

1)      As we look at this migration, one of the things I'm interested in is the community around it, specifically the plugin development.  Is there a place where members can see (or here about) what types of work is being done to extend the software.

2)      A number of members of this community also utilize other repository services (@ DLF, the Hydra folks and ArchivesSpace folks were chatting) - I'm interested in learning more about this work as well.  I'm aware of the work being done at Penn State, but as we think about how we modify archival workflows, one of the things I'm thinking about right now is how we can connect ArchivesSpace and our fedora repo so that we can more easily manage deposit of born digital materials.

Thanks,

--tr

Terry Reese
Head, Digital Initiatives