[nfais-l] Quick Note: Please don't hesitate any longer. Early bird rates expire today for NFAIS 2018.

Barbara Meyers Ford bmeyersford at nfais.org
Tue Jan 16 09:47:30 EST 2018

Click here<http://bit.ly/2i4YgEY> for the conference program and registration information.

INFORMATION TRANSFORMATION: Open. Global. Collaborative.

For its 60th annual conference, NFAIS brings together individuals with diverging views to examine the dynamic changes in information and publishing technologies that have altered how researchers consume, exchange, interact with, and disseminate their scholarly and research communications.  Thought-provoking presenters and keynote speakers explore:

  *   The forces impacting our next directions
  *   The players and contributors who are changing global scholarship
  *   How information is transforming to become more open, global and collaborative

A FEW PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

Opening Keynote: Will We Still Recognize Ourselves? Identity and Community in a Transforming Information Environment  Cameron Neylon, Professor of Research Communications, Centre for Culture and Technology at Curtin University

Plenary Session #1: The Uncertainty Conundrum Regina Joseph, Founder, Sibylink, and Co-founder, Pytho

Plenary Session #2: Restructuring a Digital Infrastructure Dr. Ralf Schimmer, Head of Scientific Information Provision, Max Planck Digital Library

Plenary Session #3: The Next Big Paradigm Shift in Customer Experience: Chatbots & Conversational Artificial Intelligence (CAPs) Santhanarajan (Rajan) Odayar, Vice President, Head of Global Enterprise Management Solutions, Data Science/AI & Digital Insights, ProQuest

Awards Luncheon and Closing Keynote: Blockchain for Research  Dr. Joris van Rossum, Consultant Scholarly and Academic Publishing, Amsterdam, and author of the Blockchain for Research report published by Digital Science

The Hilton Alexandria Old Town, our conference hotel, also offers special discounted rates<http://bit.ly/2FIX5FQ> <http://bit.ly/2FIX5FQ> through February 7, 2018 - but room inventory is limited, so register early and mention NFAIS!

See you next month in Alexandria!

Barbara

Barbara Meyers Ford | Director, Marketing & Communications | NFAIS | bmeyersford at nfais.org