[nfais-l] NFAIS Calling All Early Birds

Barbara Meyers Ford bmeyersford at nfais.org
Wed Jan 10 16:43:51 EST 2018

No, you won't catch any worms, but you'll enjoy a reduced rate if you register for the NFAIS Annual Conference by January 16th! Do check out our special rates for librarians, too.

For its 60th annual conference, NFAIS brings together individuals with diverging views to examine the dynamic changes in information and publishing technologies that have altered how researchers consume, exchange, interact with, and disseminate their scholarly and research communications.

Our Opening Keynote Speaker:

Cameron Neylon, Professor of Research Communications, Centre for Culture and Technology at Curtin University launches the conference with his presentation: Will We Still Recognize Ourselves? Identity and Community in a Transforming Information Environment

Our Closing Keynote Speaker:
Dr. Joris van Rossum, Consultant Scholarly and Academic Publishing, Amsterdam, and author of the Blockchain for Research report published by Digital Science looks at the role and impact this technology might have on the scholarly communications landscape--providing an opportunity, perhaps--to impact not only processes but also roles among stakeholders in the existing ecosystem in areas including cost, accessibility, trust, and privacy.

During the sessions in between thought-provoking speakers explore:

The forces impacting our next directions
The players and contributors who are changing global scholarship
How information is transforming to become more open, global and collaborative

The Hilton Alexandria Old Town, our conference hotel, offers special discounted rates<http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/D/DCAOTHF-FFI-20180225/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG> through February 7, 2018.  Room inventory is limited, so register early and mention NFAIS to get the conference rate.

Click here<http://bit.ly/2i4YgEY> for the conference program and other information. See you in Alexandria!

Barbara

Barbara Meyers Ford | Director, Marketing & Communications | NFAIS | bmeyersford at nfais.org