[Icolcebook] evidence-based ebooks in consortia

Kathi Fountain kfountain at orbiscascade.org
Fri Sep 18 16:38:56 EDT 2015

The Orbis Cascade Alliance's DDA program is just over 4-years old, and I'm
working with our group of librarians to examine its future.  The last year
has been volatile, and the growing short term loan rates and front list
embargoes have created previously unseen budget instability and project
overhead.

We're interested in an alternative that would bring more stability and are
considering evidence-based alternatives.

For those of you that have an evidence-based arrangement, can you let me
know which publishers you've worked with and whether you'd recommend others
to do the same?

Thanks,
Kathi

--
Kathi Carlisle Fountain
Program Manager - electronic resources, consortial e-books, and shared

kfountain at orbiscascade.org | 360-931-1665
*** based in the Portland metro area* **

Orbis Cascade Alliance
2288 Oakmont Way | Eugene, OR 97401
http://www.orbiscascade.org

*"There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more."*
-The Smiths