[Icolcebook] What shall our focus be?

Marvin, Stephen SMarvin at wcupa.edu
Wed May 20 09:49:48 EDT 2015

Of potential interest…

Notes on Operations: A Scenario Analysis of Demand-Driven Acquisition (DDA) of E-Books in Libraries (http://journals.ala.org/lrts/article/view/5681)
Demand-Driven Acquisition (DDA) has been commonly adopted by academic libraries in the United States for acquiring e-books in recent years. Implementation of the e-book DDA model varies by library. This paper introduces and demonstrates a scenario analysis approach for libraries to evaluate, identify, and select a DDA plan that works best for them based on their DDA program data. This approach helps address some key questions facing libraries with a DDA e-book program: How may a DDA program be evaluated under different scenarios? Does a short-term loan (STL) option make sense? And, is the current DDA implementation a good fit for the library? The implications and related issues are discussed.

Stephen Marvin
FH Green Library
West Chester University
smarvin at wcupa.edu<mailto:smarvin at wcupa.edu>