[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Previous archival resource keys in PDF?

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 29 12:03:41 EDT 2023

It sounds like you missed this new config file option in the 3.3.0
release notes:

/+# Prior to 3.2.0, multiple ARKs may have been created without//
//+# the user intending to do so. Setting this to true will make//
//+# database upgrade 158 attempt to clean up unwanted extra ARKs.//
//+# When multiple rows in the ARK table reference the same resource//
//+# or archival object, the first one created will be kept//
//+# and the rest discarded.//
//+# Use with caution and test thoroughly.//
//+AppConfig[:prune_ark_name_table] = false/

But if you didn't know you had this problem when you were upgrading, you
wouldn't have known that you needed to enable it. Unfortunately, setting
it to true now won't do anything. The code it would've run is in
database migration 158, which cannot be re-run a second time. It would
probably be best to get in touch with Lyrasis, or your service provider
if using a hosted system, to get help with your specific situation.

Andrew.