[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Bulk Importer: Adding additional note types

Afro Charities Archives Staff archives at afrocharities.org
Tue Oct 31 14:55:40 EDT 2023

Hi Sarit,

I've been using the csv template with v3.4.1 and have added a note field
not native to it with success. Custodial history does seem to be in the
template, so maybe you're using an earlier version.

I just followed the pattern for the three columns for each note field,
using the ead tag with prefixes n_ for note, l_ for label, and p_ for
publish. For example, n_custodhist, l_custodhist, p_custodhist. The two
pre-populated rows of the csv template looks like this:

n_custodhist p_custodhist l_custodhist
Custodial History Publish Custodial History? Label Custodial History

I added a fileplan note to store legacy location/box information. I tested
ingest with a couple of records before I invested a bunch of time in
wrangling the data.

Megan McShea
Afro Charities <https://www.afrocharities.org/>