[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Cataloguing books in ASpace

Hand, Sarit shand at ap.org
Fri Oct 27 11:12:33 EDT 2023

HI All,

For those of us who catalogue individual books as a component object in a resource, where do you enter your data? i.e. ISBNs and Call numbers, where some books might have both or just one. For call numbers, the plan is to enter it in as the Component UID for the record, but I also have ISBNs. I don't want to mess with the reference IDs. I know I could probably just get away with creating a general note, but I am curious what others have done with book data in ASpace. Screen shots, or field listings are welcome!

Many thanks

Cheers,
[cid:image001.png at 01DA08C6.6ADA2900]                                              [cid:image002.jpg at 01DA08C6.6ADA2900]
Sarit Hand                                                       200 Liberty St.
Digital Archivist                                               New York, NY 10281
Corporate Archives                                         T 212.621.7035

shand at ap.org
www.ap.org<http://www.ap.org>
The information contained in this communication is intended for the use of the designated recipients named above. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify The Associated Press immediately by telephone at +1-212-621-1500 and delete this email. Thank you.