[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Barcoding question -- PUI

Tessa Wakefield tessa.wakefield at uni.edu
Wed Oct 25 15:25:02 EDT 2023

Hi Sarit, Jessica, and Kevin,
Thank you all so much for your responses! I'm encouraged to hear that there
is a way / barcodes shouldn't be necessarily displaying publicly. They
don't show up within the PUI resource records themselves BUT do show up in
the PUI search results list. It displays as "Collection Title" Top
Container and Indicator: [BARCODE] in the search results page. Once I click
on a search result and go to a specific collections page, the barcode
information is no longer displayed.

I've entered the barcode / id in just the top container "barcode" field,
which, when I looked at barcode examples today in the Aspace sandbox, looks
like what others have done.

I so appreciate all of your insights!
--
*Tessa Wakefield (she/her <https://www.mypronouns.org/>)*

Archival Processor & Reference Associate
Rod Library

319-273-2132

LIB 342  /  Cedar Falls, IA 50614
uni.edu  /  #1UNI
*To schedule an appointment, please visit **LibCal
<https://uni.libcal.com/appointments/scua>.*
[image: UNI / University of Northern Iowa]