[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Upgrading across multiple versions

Leilani Dawson ltdawson at hawaii.edu
Wed Oct 11 18:30:16 EDT 2023

Hi John,

The big stepping stone that comes to my mind--because I'm looking at doing
it next year as part of an upgrade from 2.5.1 to whatever's then
current--is 2.7, which introduced some major changes to how ASpace handles
languages in the collections.

Atlas Systems' Valerie Addonizio did a great presentation on how to prepare
for ASpace 2.7: https://training.atlas-sys.com/Course/Details/4336, which
I'm leaning on heavily as I'm starting in on things.

I'm currently planning on upgrading to 2.6, running the scripts to get
things prepared for 2.7, upgrading to 2.7 to make sure everything works as
intended, and then going the rest of the way.  I'd be glad to hear of any
other major stopping points as well.

Best,
-Leilani.
- -
Leilani Dawson, Manuscript Collections Archivist,
University Archives & Manuscripts Department
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822
808-956-3767

I do not presume that my working hours are the same as yours--and also
applaud people setting boundaries around their personal time--so please do
not respond if you are "off the clock."