[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Nominations Requested for ArchivesSpace Governance Board

Quimby, Sean smquimby at upenn.edu
Fri Mar 31 17:52:48 EDT 2023

Dear Members of the ArchivesSpace Community:

As chair of the 2023/24 ArchivesSpace Nominating Committee, I seek your nominations of candidates to stand for election for the ArchivesSpace Governance Board representing the Very Small, Medium, and Large membership levels. The Governance Board<http://archivesspace.org/about/governance-board-and-councils/> is charged with providing oversight for the ArchivesSpace application and community, including fiscal oversight, the approval of development priorities, and oversight of the Technical and User Advisory councils. Board service is an excellent way to serve the ArchivesSpace community while also gaining valuable experience with organizational governance. Please see the full descriptions of the responsibilities of Board members<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ANC/pages/2209415262/Board+Position+Descriptions?preview=/2209415262/2209677379/ASpaceBoardMemberPD20210219.pdf> for more information on this key role in the ArchivesSpace community.

This year we are seeking 2 candidates for the Very Small level and 2 candidates for the Large level. While the current incumbent at the Medium membership level is running for re-election, we are also seeking 1 additional candidate at that level. The terms for all successful candidates will be July 1, 2023-June 30, 2026. Each newly elected member representative will be eligible to run for a second term, July 1, 2026-June 30, 2029.

Governance Board nominees must be currently employed by an ArchivesSpace member organization in either the Very Small, Medium, or Large member levels (see the member lists at: http://archivesspace.org/community/whos-using-archivesspace/). A variety of skills, interests, and experience can be useful in furthering the Board's mission. As the community for a software application used in many different settings, we seek diverse voices in working to improve ArchivesSpace and support those who use or may benefit from using it. We especially encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, and others currently less represented in our governance groups to consider joining us in these important leadership roles.

To submit nominations, including self-nominations, please submit this form at https://forms.gle/XCW92iEPMmQVWhXN9. Nominees who confirm their interest will be requested to supply a candidate statement outlining their qualifications for serving on the ArchivesSpace Governance Board. The Nominating Committee will review all nominations and confirm a slate of nominees with the current Governance Board. An election ballot will be circulated to member institutions in mid-May.

Nominations must be received by 9:00 p.m. EDT Friday April 28th. Please contact Christine Di Bella, ArchivesSpace Program Manager, at christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/listinfo/archivesspace_users_group><mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/listinfo/archivesspace_users_group>> or any member of the Nominating Committee with questions.

Thank you for your participation in this important process, which is an essential part of our identity and operations as a community-based software organization.

Respectfully,

Sean Quimby

University of Pennsylvania

Chair, and Governance Board member

On behalf of Nominating Committee members:

Valerie Addonizio (Atlas Systems), Technical Advisory Council Chair

Regina Carra (American Folk Art Museum), User Advisory Council Chair

Courtney Dean (University of California Los Angeles), representing the Very Large membership level

Suzanne Reller (University of Cincinnati) User Advisory Council Vice Chair

Caitlin Rizzo (Institute for Advanced Study), representing the Very Small membership level

Rachel Searcy (New York University), Technical Advisory Council Vice Chair

Joshua Shaw (Dartmouth College), representing the Medium membership level

Holly Smith (Spelman College), representing the Small membership level

Michelle Sweetser (Bowling Green State University), representing the Large membership level
Christine Di Bella, ArchivesSpace Program Manager, ex officio