[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital Objects + DAMS

Gray, Adam GrayA2 at si.edu
Wed Mar 22 11:06:36 EDT 2023

Hi Kendall,

I haven’t worked with a DAMS that didn’t have an integration with ASpace (built-in or custom), but I can say that in my experience batch importing digital objects that link to digital assets stored in a DAMS has been relatively straight-forward. For a catalog migration project a couple of years ago, I had a spreadsheet of MARC records which contained URLs of digital assets stored and managed in a DAMS. I used the URLs and other metadata from the MARC records to populate the ASpace bulk import template for digital objects, then ran the import. The digital objects aren’t synced with the assets in the DAMS, but it did enable us to maintain the links between the descriptive records and the digital content when we moved description into ASpace.

That might be way simpler than what you need to do, but for me it was pretty painless.

Adam