[Archivesspace_Users_Group] container profiles for uniquely sized containers

Sherman, Becky rebecca.thaler.sherman at emory.edu
Fri Mar 17 13:38:52 EDT 2023

Hi All,
I am interested in learning more about how other institutions handle container profiles for uniquely sized containers. We have a list of the most commonly used container profiles in our repository, and our goal is to keep the number of container profiles to a minimum (maybe 12-15). We have quite a few uniquely sized containers that we will not be creating container profiles for (i.e. custom boxes, 3-D artifacts, etc.). How have others approached these oddball containers? Is it better to create a single container profile for "unique containers" and assign that profile to all oddballs regardless of actual dimensions, so that they can be grouped together for reports? Or are there advantages to not assigning a container profile at all to unique containers? If you're willing to share your container profiles list, that would also be helpful. Thanks for helping us to weigh the options!

Thanks,

Becky Sherman (she/her)
Senior Collections Processing Archivist
Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, & Rare Book Library
Emory University
404-727-4032

[RL Horizontal Full Color Clear Background]