[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital Objects + DAMS

Kendall Aughenbaugh kaughenbaugh at hillwoodmuseum.org
Tue Mar 7 14:25:17 EST 2023

Howdy everyone,

I've only just joined this listserv, so my sincere apologies if this is an often-asked question.

Does anyone else use a DAM or other kind of digital repository that does not come with an integration option from the developer? Was it relatively (I use that very loosely) to batch import digital objects from that DAM to your ASpace instance on your own?

Some background: We have two different systems here for digital materials -- Preservica and our digital asset management system, NetX. I'm in conversations with Preservica wrt integration, but NetX does not have anything similar. The material kept in each system is totally different. Everything in Preservica will be linked to ASpace, while only some of the assets in NetX will be.

I'd love to hear any experiences people have had with this kind of situation.

Thank you so much!

Kendall

Kendall Aughenbaugh (She/Her)
Digital Services Archivist