[Archivesspace_Users_Group] M1/M2 Macs - Pre 3.3 versions can be run in containers

Joshua D. Shaw Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu
Wed Jun 14 13:16:16 EDT 2023

Just a follow-up on this.

Turns out that the build script does not​ clean up after itself so if you do builds/bootstrap for multiple versions, chances are you will have problems with conflicting/multiple versions of some gems. The trick is to clean out the debris from the build folder before running a different version build/bootstrap. Basically, wipe out anything that isn't in the code tree. Then you can run in dev mode on bare metal. I've also been able to build releases for 3.3.1 and 3.4.0 in case you prefer running non-dev mode.

And... as a bonus, for M* users, if you are running 3.4.0, you will probably need to patch the net-http-persistent gem with the patch given here: https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/pull/4138/files

This appears to work, but I haven't done a huge amount of testing.

jds