[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Housekeeping SOLR/jetty tmp files

Scott Renton Scott.Renton at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 14 08:22:32 EDT 2023

Hi all

In our external solr/data/tmp folder, we’re getting an enormous amount of data written to the server, half hourly folders of the naming type:

jetty-0_0_0_0-8089-backend_war-_-any-2204702053777549184

with the webapp inside, and daily ones of indexer, frontend and public.

Not sure if this is configurable, if it’s something to do with our puppet runs etc or whatever. However, I just want to make sure it’s safe to delete the content and clear some space (ideally everything in tmp, if possible). If there’s an obvious reason why we’re getting so much, and whether there’s something to do to stem the flow, I’d be interested to hear!

Cheers again
Scott
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.