[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Time markings in date fields from bulk import spreadsheet

John F. Anderies janderies at waygay.org
Tue Jul 25 11:38:43 EDT 2023

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

I'm using the bulk import template to import a container inventory into a
resource record in ASpace. This is the first time that I have used dates in
the spreadsheet that include year, month and date (in the form of
YYYY-MM-DD), as opposed to just year.

Once the import is completed, I find that the date fields are rendered with
T00:00:00+00:00 following the correctly imported YYYY-MM-DD characters. Is
it possible I am doing something wrong in how I'm rendering the dates in
the spreadsheet or is there a way to prevent what I presume is time related
data from being included? I can edit these out directly in ASpace, but it's
a time consuming process that defeats the purpose of using the spreadsheet
to import data.

With thanks,
John

-----
John Anderies (he/him), Director
John J. Wilcox, Jr. Archives and Library
William Way LGBT Community Center