[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Enable Reorder Mode Timeout for Large Moves

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Fri Jul 14 08:07:18 EDT 2023

Dear all,

Has anyone been having timeout issues when trying to move hundreds or thousands of archival objects in enable reorder mode? Our folks noticed that when trying to move thousands of archival objects that are on the same level to another place within the resource, the loading wheel will run for minutes at a time. We're not sure when, but sometimes after waiting more than five minutes, our users will refresh the page to find the objects had indeed been moved.

My own research into the user group archives and JIRA tickets suggests this is a recurring issue:

http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/htdig/archivesspace_users_group/2020-June/007719.html
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1183
Not timeout, but slow going: http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/htdig/archivesspace_users_group/2022-September/009548.html

I'm not sure whether this is a hardware limitation of our local machines or something else. If this is something that should have a JIRA ticket, I'd be happy to make one, I just want confirmation this is something worth reporting if necessary.

Any help or info is appreciated, thanks!

Sincerely,

Corey
Corey Schmidt
Special Collections Libraries | Project Management Librarian/Archivist
300 S Hull St | Athens, GA 30605
706-542-8151<tel:7065428151> | Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu<mailto:Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu>
[University of Georgia]