[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Update - December 2023

Bailey-Grace Harrell bailey-grace.harrell at lyrasis.org
Fri Dec 22 10:09:57 EST 2023

  [cid:image001.jpg at 01DA34BE.91695180]

ArchivesSpace Update – December 2023

Upcoming Schedule at a Glance:

  *   December 25 - January 1 | ArchivesSpace office closed
  *   January 9, 2024 | Deadline to apply for Code of Conduct Task Force
  *   March 26-27, 2024 | Virtual Member Forum

Development

We continue to gather up development and testing work for the next release. As the end of the calendar year is fast approaching, it looks like we will not have time to complete everything that needs to be done to put out another release in 2023. You can expect a new release early in 2024 instead. New development is always up on our test server at https://test.archivesspace.org/staff/.

Transition for ArchivesSpace Listservs

Lyrasis, the organizational home for ArchivesSpace, is planning to transition away from the Mailman platform for listservs to Google Groups in the near future. The ArchivesSpace member listservs, including the Users Group, will become Google Groups with email delivery after the transition. Right now the move is planned to occur between December 26 and January 1. All accounts subscribed to our member listservs at the time of the transition will be moved to the new platform, with equivalent settings to what users have currently.

For now the archives of our listservs will be maintained on the current platform, and will stay there for at least a year. Some details of the transition are still to be determined, including how listserv archives will be available after the planned one year period when they will remain on the current platform. We know that the archives of the Users Group listserv, in particular, are an important source of information for the community and are working to ensure that access to them remains consistent.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to get in touch with us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>.

Call for Volunteers: Code of Conduct Review Task Force

[Posted on behalf of the Code of Conduct Review Task Force]

We are seeking 1-3 volunteers to serve on a task force to review the ArchivesSpace Community Code of Conduct from January to June 2024. Individuals with experience and/or interest in code of conduct development or review are strongly encouraged to volunteer. We especially encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, and others currently less represented in our governance groups to consider joining us in this important endeavor. Please indicate your interest by filling out this form by January 9, 2024: https://forms.gle/uvbn6gv34P2bFTDJ8

ArchivesSpace Virtual Member Forum 2024 - Save the Date

Mark your calendars for our 2024 Virtual Member Forum! Taking place March 26-27, 2024, our Virtual Member Forum will be a two-day event spanning a variety of time zones and ArchivesSpace experience levels.

More information will be provided soon about how to propose a topic or presentation.  Registration will open closer to the event date.  For now, be sure to save the date on your calendar.  We look forward to “seeing” many of you there.

Live Demonstration: Overview of the ArchivesSpace Application and Membership Benefits

Thank you to everyone who attended our demonstration of ArchivesSpace on December 6.  A recording of that session is now available on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpSKwF3Lf4&feature=youtu.be

For more information about this demo, ArchivesSpace, and ArchivesSpace membership, email ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>.

ArchivesSpace Holiday Hours

Our office will be closed from December 25 to January 1. Normal office hours will resume on January 2nd. We wish you all warm and happy holidays!

Membership Update

We are excited to welcome our newest members to our community! Some of our new members since November 30th include:

  *   Albion College | Albion, MI
  *   American Academy of Pediatrics | Itasca, IL
  *   The National WWII Museum | New Orleans, LA

As of December 22nd, we have 479 General members, 20 Educational Program members, 3 Registered Service Providers, and 1 Consortium Provider.

Thank you to our current ArchivesSpace members<https://archivesspace.org/community/whos-using-archivesspace> for your contribution to the development and sustainability of the ArchivesSpace application.  ArchivesSpace has a membership model<https://archivesspace.org/community/why-become-a-member> to support the continued development of the application and user community and ArchivesSpace members are eligible for a variety of benefits<https://archivesspace.org/community/member-benefits>.  If you are interested in ArchivesSpace membership<https://archivesspace.org/community/making_a_case_for_membership> for your organization, email us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>.

ArchivesSpace monthly updates provide news about ArchivesSpace community and program activities and are sent to our member listservs, the ArchivesSpace Google Group, and SAA’s Collection Management Section listserv, as well as being posted on the ArchivesSpace website. Please feel free to share this update with people you know who have an interest in ArchivesSpace but may not be on one of these lists.

Bailey-Grace Harrell
ArchivesSpace Program Assistant
Bailey-grace.harrell at lyrasis.com<mailto:Bailey-grace.harrell at lyrasis.com>

[signature_76019080]