[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Bulk import of DOs with multiple file versions

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu Dec 7 15:38:12 EST 2023

Hello William,

You are correct that the Digital Objects CSV is not designed to support the import of more than one file version per digital object. The bulk import templates support importing two file versions, but as you note, they are for creating digital objects that as associated with archival objects.

One alternative would be to use the API to create digital objects. This would allow you create as many file versions as you wish per digital object. People here may have some good tips or scripts for that, or suggestions of other strategies for doing what you want to do.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Senior Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>