[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Accession Records and Subject Records

Steven Gentry gentrys at umich.edu
Wed Aug 9 08:00:00 EDT 2023

Hello,

I recently read that ArchivesSpace allows for folks to associate subject
records with accession records
<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ArchivesSpaceUserManual/pages/893911102/Subject+Links+-+Accessions>
.

However, it looks like this feature isn't enabled in either my
institution's production ArchivesSpace instance (currently running v.2.5.2)
or our development instance (running 3.4.0). To clarify, there is no option
to associate a subject record with an accession record (although archivists
can associate agent records with accessions).

My question is: if we wanted to link subject and accession records, do we
need to be running a particular version of ArchivesSpace? Or is there some
work that needs to be done under the hood to enable this linkage?

Many thanks!

-SG
--
Steven Gentry
Archivist for Archival Processing

Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Avenue
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2113  USA
734-936-5666
www.bentley.umich.edu
@UmichBentley

*The Bentley Historical Library acknowledges that coerced cessions of land
by the Anishnaabeg and Wyandot made the University of Michigan possible,
and we seek to reaffirm the ancestral and contemporary ties of these
peoples to the lands where the University now stands.*