[Archivesspace_Users_Group] external linking to PUI search results

Lori Dedeyan ldedeyan at mikekelleyfoundation.org
Fri Apr 28 13:34:53 EDT 2023

Hi all,

We are looking for the most effective way to link externally to a query
that pulls all records tagged with a particular subject in the PUI. The
catch is that we want to query on the authority ID of the subject, rather
than the subject URI.

For example, if we have a local subject term with authority ID "A12345", we
want to search on A12345 and share the results. The shortest link we've
come up with is:

https://[our repository]/search?op%5B%5D=&q%5B%5D=A12345

A couple questions:

   - Is there another workaround that would give us more human-readable
   results?
   - Would a link like this work persistently or is there the likelihood of
   it changing with version updates?

Thanks in advance,
Lori

--