[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Missing Japanese charactires in a PUI generated PDF

松山 ひとみ matsuyama-h at nakka-art.jp
Tue Sep 13 21:41:20 EDT 2022

Hi all.

We’ve been struggling with an issue of a PUI generated PDF, in which no Japanese characters are displayed.
Could anyone tell us what we should try next, or anything wrong in our procedure?

We’d tried as follows;

1. Created "./plugins/local/public/views/pdf/_header.html.erb", and edited.
We confirmed that the CSS was applied.

2. In the style of 1., we specified these 3 fonts, "serif", "sans-serif", and the font used in converting itext into Japanese;

body {
  font-family: KozMinPro-Regular;
}

3. In addition, we loaded Google Fonts and executed. It didn’t work.

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Sawarabi+Gothic&display=swap');

body {
font-family: 'Sawarabi Gothic', sans-serif;
}

We’ve looked through the previous Q&As;
http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/htdig/archivesspace_users_group/2017-August/005046.html
http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/htdig/archivesspace_users_group/2017-August/005047.html

We would appreciate a lot your generous assistance!

Hitomi Matsuyama, Audiovisual Archivist

Nakanoshima Museum of Art, Osaka
4-3-1 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku
Osaka 530-0005 JAPAN