[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Auto generating unique IDs

Anna Haywood ahaywood at cca.qc.ca
Mon Nov 28 17:29:57 EST 2022

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion (manual or automated) to create unique ids for archival objects in ArchivesSpace? We have migrated from a system that used to autogenerate consecutive 6 digital numbers for all users. I do not want to create unique IDs that are tied to the collection/series/etc. because if we reprocess, renumber, or rearrange the collection, it means we need to change all the unique ids.

Any ideas are appreciated!
Thanks,
Anna

---

Anna Haywood
Archiviste
Archivist

Centre Canadien d'Architecture
Canadian Centre for Architecture
1920, rue Baile, Montr?al, Qu?bec, Canada, H3H 2S6
+1 5149397001x1368
cca.qc.ca<https://www.cca.qc.ca/fr/?utm_source=fr_email_signature&utm_medium=email>
Twitter<https://www.twitter.com/ccawire> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/canadiancentreforarchitecture/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/cca.conversation> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/CCAchannel>

Comment la technologie transforme-t-elle le paysage du commerce de d?tail?<https://bit.ly/3LQKFyg>
How does technology transform retail landscapes?<https://bit.ly/3BQMt60>

Inscrivez-vous<https://www.cca.qc.ca/fr/?go=enews&utm_source=fr_email_signature&utm_medium=email> pour recevoir de nos nouvelles.
Sign up<https://www.cca.qc.ca/en/?go=enews&utm_source=en_email_signature&utm_medium=email> to get news from us.