[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Unable to launch ArchivesSpaceService

Allhiser, Ivan Ivan.Allhiser at avila.edu
Thu May 26 09:33:21 EDT 2022

Hello all,

Our previous system administrator set up ArchivesSpace 2.8.1 and we received a ticket that it needed to be re-indexed. None of us were even aware of what this server did. Before I could access it, the server needed to be rebooted. Once it came back up, I was unable to start the ArchivesSpaceServe. I am shown this error whenever I try (even with Powershell)

"Windows could not start the ArchivesSpaceService on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5."

I've checked the System Event Long and I don't even see any events that show an attempt to start the service. We've checked the logs and honestly, I'm lost trying to swim through all this data. I don't see anything standing out that says there's an error. Has anyone encountered this before and know of a fix?

Thank you for your time,
Ivan Allhiser
System Administrator
Information Technology Services