[Archivesspace_Users_Group] OAI Harvesting issues with 3.2.0

Andy Boze Boze.1 at nd.edu
Tue Mar 29 12:37:48 EDT 2022

Just to elaborate a bit on what Tom wrote, we are harvesting EAD
records. I've done a bit of comparison, making OAI requests for the same
records on 2.8.1 and 3.2. A record on 2.8.1 that took about 10 seconds ,
took about 3 minutes on 3.2. A record that took about 3 minutes to
respond on 2.8.1 timed out on 3.2 after 20 minutes with an "Internal
Server Error" message.

Andy

On 3/29/2022 11:57 AM, Tom Hanstra wrote:
> We have set up a test server running ArchivesSpace 3.2.0. As required,
> that means a separate Solr instance which I've installed on the same server.
>
> Most things have gone OK, but we are seeing some timeout issues with OAI
> harvesting tests. The harvest will address a few of the records but
> regularly receives "Internal Server Error" messages. What seems to be
> happening is that we are hitting certain records which time out. We've
> tried skipping over such records to see if it was just a bad record, but
> that will simply cause a failure a bit further down the line. Our time
> out is set for 20 minutes, which should be plenty of time. So these
> timeouts don't make much sense.
>
> These records are harvesting without similar issues on our 2.8.1
> instance, so I would not expect this to be a record issue directly.
> Could it be something about how we have set up Solr? I see no errors in
> any of our ArchivesSpace or Solr logs, so I'm not sure how to debug
> this. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> --