[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Background jobs stuck in queue

Catie Heitz c.heitz at aarome.org
Mon Mar 28 13:34:07 EDT 2022

 I am having an issue running background jobs in Archivesspace.
 A few weeks ago, I tried generating a PDF of our largest resource, however
this background job did not run. It was a large job, so I assumed that the
size was causing an issue, so I canceled the job and tried again. When it
didn't work the second time, I assumed again that the job was just too big
to be run at the moment. It was not urgent at the time, so I figured I
would come back to this issue at a later date, if it didn't work itself out.
Today, I am trying to run a bulk update background job, but its status is
stuck at "next in queue." There shouldn't be any other jobs in the queue,
because the previous jobs were canceled. The new job does not show up when
I browse background jobs, and the previous jobs are still listed as
"queued," however, when you click "view," they are listed as "canceled."
How can I remove the older jobs so I can run the new job?

Thanks,
Catie Heitz (she/her)
Archivist
American Academy in Rome