[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Indexing issues with 3.2.0

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Wed Mar 2 09:49:53 EST 2022

We have a fairly large collection (765 K records)  which I'm indexing on a
3.2.0 instance. What I'm seeing now on both times it has completed is that
the indexer will complete (last message) and then go into the long gap
where it (I assume) is doing some post-indexing cleanup prior to reporting
a large number of deleted records. During that time, it reports an error in
connecting to the database.

I really doubt that the database is inaccessible during that time period.
Is this error just a matter of the server temporarily losing connection,
which is reestablished later?  Or is this something that could be causing
actual issues for the indexing?  What is actually going on during that gap
between the time when it says the last of the records is indexed and the
time it reports records being deleted? For us, that gap can last several
hours.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to clarify what happens.

Tom

--
*Tom Hanstra*
*Sr. Systems Administrator*