[Archivesspace_Users_Group] User Defined Fields use cases

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Tue Mar 1 13:41:01 EST 2022

Hi Bri,

Some of our uses include:

Accrual (Boolean): Quick way to determine if an accession is a completely
new collection
Filing Title (Accessions): Our main Title field style direct order
Migration Statement: Statement to indicate a resource or accession record
was migrated into ASpace from another format plus any major migration issue
that might affect the record's interpretation

We've considered them for other purposes.

Thanks,
Olivia

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 11:30 AM McLaughlin, Brianna Jean <brijmcla at iu.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Would anyone mind sharing some uses cases for User Defined Fields on
> Resource or Accession records?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Bri McLaughlin, she/her/hers
>
> Visiting Metadata Services Librarian
>
> Indiana University
>
> 812-856-3321

Olivia Solis, MSIS (she/her)
Metadata Coordinator
Dolph Briscoe Center for American History
The University of Texas at Austin
2300 Red River St. Stop D1100
Austin TX, 78712-1426