[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Options for more nuanced publishing of notes and digital objects to EAD using the API?

Liz Neely lneely at okeeffemuseum.org
Tue Mar 1 11:27:47 EST 2022

Hello,

We at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum use EAD3 to publish certain archival collections to our Collections Online<https://collections.okeeffemuseum.org/archive/>. We also publish Finding Aids using the ASpace PUI<http://archive.okeeffemuseum.org/>. In Collections Online, we make use of notes that aren’t relevant to a PUI user (for example, to connect an archival item to a fine art record).

When exporting EAD, There is the option to ‘include unpublished’ which allows me to have those unpublished notes available in the EAD for Collections Online while suppressing them for the PUI. But, this method of export also includes all unpublished DAO records, which I don’t want in Collections Online nor in the PUI.

We are using the API to do these EAD3 exports. Is there a way using the API or in the Staff Interface to include more nuanced options in the publishing? – Specifically can it be designed to include unpublished notes, but not include unpublished DAOs in the exported EAD? If someone has done this I would love to see the script if it’s on github! (We are using ASpace 2.6.0)

Any advice welcome!

Thank you,
Liz

Liz Neely (she/her)