[Archivesspace_Users_Group] PDF generates on staff side but not on PUI

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 25 07:25:58 EDT 2022

Staff PDFs are generated by first exporting to EAD, then converting that
via XSL-FO to PDF. Whereas PUI PDFs are generated by first creating a
HTML file, then using a third-party library that effectively opens the
HTML in a web browser's rendering engine, then prints it to PDF. In the
former process, exporting to EAD falls back to retrieving records from
the MySQL database if, for some reason, it finds a mismatch with what's
on Solr. I do not believe the PUI does that, it only fetches from Solr.
Hence your problem might be fixed by doing a soft re-index:

https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/administration/indexes.html

Andrew.