[Archivesspace_Users_Group] OAI-PMH Harvesting to Primo

Andy Boze Boze.1 at nd.edu
Wed Jan 26 11:49:27 EST 2022

Notre Dame Hesburgh Libraries has been harvesting collection-level
records via OAI-PMH from ASpace into Primo for somewhere around three
years. You can see those records in Primo at <
https://onesearch.library.nd.edu/primo-explore/search?query=any,contains,ndu_aspace*&tab=nd_campus&search_scope=nd_campus&vid=NDU&offset=0
 >. Our instance of ASpace is at < https://archivesspace.library.nd.edu/ >.

My colleague Aaron Bales and I presented on this topic at ELUNA Learns
back in October. If you don't have access to the recorded sessions, I'd
be happy to send you our slides.

Andy

On 1/26/2022 5:04 AM, Andrew Morrison wrote:
> The British Library uses Primo for archives and manuscripts:
>
> https://searcharchives.bl.uk
>
> On any Primo system, you can add &showPnx=true on the end of the URL of
> a record view page, and it'll show you the underlying data structure
> (i.e. the result of how the harvested data has been mapped to fields for
> display, searching, linking, etc.)
>
> Andrew.
>

> On 25/01/2022 18:39, Lisa Calahan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are planning to implement harvesting finding aid metadata to Primo
>> using OAI-PMH and are hoping to see examples to get ideas for
>> customizing field names and displays (where we can). Are there any
>> folks out there who are already doing this? We know about past Alma
>> integration models and efforts, but are only interested in Primo examples.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Lisa
>>
>> --
>> Pronouns: She/they