[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Agent Dates of Existence Lost to Update 2.8.1 to 3.1.1

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Tue Feb 22 09:08:26 EST 2022

All,

Just as a follow-up, we were unable to figure out the exact cause of the missing dates of existence, but we believe it was an indexing error. Since the timing for the update prohibited us from running a re-index, we weren't able to confirm this. However, since many of the issues we've had in the past were solved with a re-index and no one else reported losing their data on this kind of jump, we feel reasonably confident in our assumption.

I apologize for causing a stir. It's a good reminder that running a re-index should be a part of our error checking process and we will update our upgrade and testing procedures to account for this in future upgrades.

Sincerely,

Corey