[Archivesspace_Users_Group] How does searching with the dates filled out work?

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 6 04:03:08 EST 2022

All dates in the "Dates" section of a record are indexed for use in
date-range searches, regardless of the label.

For example, if something was created between 1880 and 1885, but it was
also published in June 1950, and digitized on 4th May 2010, then it'll
be indexed with the years 1880, 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1950, and
2010. Therefore, as well as matching searches with a date range of
1800-1900, it'll also match 1900-2000, or even 2000-present. But it
won't match dates ranges in the gaps between, i.e. any subset of
1886-1949 or 1951-2009.

It would be possible to write a plug-in to choose which dates to index.

Andrew.