[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Extent calculations in cubic feet

Lynn Moulton lynn.moulton at bc.edu
Wed Aug 31 12:53:50 EDT 2022

Hi James,

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the following may be
helpful.  The ASpace extent calculator uses the container profiles as the
basis for the calculation, and a complete profile includes width, depth,
and height. So if you change your config from linear feet to cubic, the
calculator should use all three dimensions that are included in the
container profile. And the stacking limit won't come into play, because the
calculator will use the actual box height. The stacking limit is for the
space calculator, not the extent calculator. However, we're still using
linear feet here, so I'm making an assumption about the config change also
changing the extent calculation. Perhaps someone at a cubic feet
organization could confirm.

Best,
Lynn Moulton
Senior Processing Archivist